Inner CV Joint - Mini 1974-01
- Special Price AU$55.05 AU$55.05 Regular Price AU$68.82
- Inner Pot Joint Boot KitSpecial Price AU$6.90 AU$6.90 Regular Price AU$9.20
- Mini Wheel Bearing Kit - Front Disc TypeSpecial Price AU$18.22 AU$18.22 Regular Price AU$21.16
- Differential Oil Seal - Pot Joint/Rubber CouplingSpecial Price AU$1.25 AU$1.25 Regular Price AU$1.66
- Kent Cam Follower Set - X-Drilled Lightweight with Oil FeedSpecial Price AU$129.68 AU$129.68 Regular Price AU$143.12
Mini inner CV Joint (GCV1102), commonly known as a pot joint, this type of drive coupling was fitted to all Minis from 1974 onwards.
Other parts that may be helpful:
GCD101 - Mini Rubber Drive coupling usually fitted to models pre 1974
Mini Sport recommends -
Buy top quality Classic Mini spares and parts from Mini Sport, the worlds premier online Mini store!
What are CV Joints?
CV Joints or Constant Velocity joints are fitted to all Minis, at both ends of the drive shafts, to transfer torque from the gearbox to the drive wheels. Outer CV Joints connect the drive shafts to the wheels, whilst the inner CV joints connect the drive shafts to the differential and gearbox.
CV Joint Problems
A CV joint is packed with a special high velocity grease and sealed tight with the rubber boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with CV Joints is when the protective boot splits or is damaged, allowing the grease to escape with dirt and moisture getting in, causing the CV Joint to wear and eventually fail.
Symptoms of a failing CV Joint
- Clicking noise when turning.
- Clunk when accelerating or decelerating
- Humming or growling noise, from the front.
- A shudder or vibration when accelerating.