Take a look at our selection 998cc Remanufactured Engines for Classic Mini and Mini Cooper with an extensive range of A Series, A Plus and Cooper Engine types, developed by our engineering experts for increased reliability and enhanced performance - part of the remanufactured Engine department at Mini Sport.
Since 1967, Mini Sport has been producing a range of remanufactured engines built on a long established commitment to engineering excellence and customer satisfaction. Our commitment has always been to keep our beloved Mini's on the road when new replacement units have long since ceased to be available.
Our Engine Remanufacturing process follows 9 meticulous steps in which all components of the engine are dismantled, cleaned, inspected and balanced, aligned, machined and refined where needed. The Mini Sport Engine remanufacturing process aims to promote quality, durability and a longer service life – at competitive prices. We also offer an extensive range of remanufactured cylinder heads, gearboxes, crankshafts, con rods, cam shafts, engine blocks and flywheels.
Please see below for the list of Classic Mini applications, suitable for a 998cc Engine.
The 998cc Mini engine has two different versions, the A series (1962-1975) and the A Plus (1980-1992). Both have 64.58 mm (2.543 in) bore, stroke 76.2 mm (3.00 in),
- 1962-1969 Riley Elf/Wolseley Hornet - producing 38 hp (28 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1966-1982 Australian Mini Moke.
- 1983-1993 Portuguese Mini Moke.
- 1964-1969 Austin/Morris Mini Cooper - producing 55 hp (41 kW) at 5800 rpm and 57 lb·ft (77 N·m) at 3000 rpm
- 1967-1980 Austin/Morris Mini - producing 38 hp (28 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1969-1975 Mini Clubman - producing 38 hp (28 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1969-1975 Mini Clubman (automatic), 41 hp (31 kW) at 4850 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2750 rpm
- 1980–1982 Mini 1000, Mini City, Mini HL - producing 39 hp (29 kW) at 4750 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2000 rpm
- 1980–1982 Austin Allegro - producing 44 hp (33 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 3000 rpm
- 1980–1990 Austin Metro - producing 41 hp (31 kW) at 5400 rpm and 51 lb·ft (69 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1982–1988 Mini HLE, Mini City E, Mini Mayfair - producing 40 hp (30 kW) at 5000 rpm and 50 lb·ft (68 N·m) at 2500 rpm
- 1981–1986 Austin Metro HLE - producing 46 bhp (34 kW) and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m)
- 1988–1992 Mini City, Mini Mayfair - producing 42 hp (31 kW) at 5250 rpm and 58 lb·ft (79 N·m) at 2600 rpm
If you require any advice or information on any of our 998cc Remanufactured Engines & Engine Components, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of our helpful team on 01282 778731 or alternatively send an e-mail to email@example.com